We adopted Josie at a rescue in Woodland, CA on August 25th 2012. We had been thinking about getting a dog for a long time and finally had a suitable home for one. We knew we wanted a large dog and so we made sure to rent a house with a decent size backyard. I came across her listing on pet finder. We liked her description but weren't super attracted to her in the photos (they didn't do her justice as we soon found out). My hubby and I decided to do a test visit with her to see what it was like visiting a dog at a rescue.
The next day we went by and asked to meet her. The woman warned us that Josie "didn't like men" and that Ryan should keep back. Well, Josie immediately went to Ryan trying to cuddle. The whole time we were there with her she was attached to him. Eventually she came to me and snuggled up. We knew then that she was ours and we were hers. We took her home the next day and while she can be a pain we couldn't imagine our lives without her.
Josie loves...
-Cuddles (with us--wary of other people but slowly warming up to family)
-walks and runs
-being chased around the yard
-hunting squirrels
-playing with other pups
-soft squeaky toys
-her chair
Josie dislikes....
-most fruit and vegetables (she is the pickiest eater (dog) that I've ever met--even when we got her and she was underweight with ribs, spine and hip bones sticking out.
-people riding bikes next to the car
-strangers in the house
-when I'm still in bed after Ryan gets up (she won't leave me alone until I get up).



No comments:
Post a Comment