Today we took apart the massive planter box and cut it down to a more manageable size. It is now about 2'x4'. We'll use the rest of the wood for another project. I stopped by the local garden store and picked up a few different veggie plants. I chose three tomatoes: "Michael Pollan", "Haley's Purple Comet", and "Red Rocket dwarf". These are all new to me so I'm excited to see how they do. My parents are planting early girl, Juliette and green zebra varieties this year so I wanted a different variety so we could share. The varieties I purchased are all smaller fruit size and I'll probably pick up another one (maybe yellow or orange colored) next weekend. I also bought two sweet peppers (yellow and purple), alpine and quinault strawberry plants, Italian parsley, carrot/radish seeds and sunflower seeds.
.jpg)
I planted the "Michael Pollan" and "Haley's Purple Comet" in the planter box with the yellow bell pepper. The "Red Rocket" is in the larger pot to the right and the purple bell pepper is in the other pot.
Remember the dirt patch that I wasn't sure what to do with? I planted a few dahlia bulbs, rosemary (I have some already in my herb containers) and the sunflowers along the fence. There is still room so I'll see how things do and maybe plant some lavender there too.
I bought some hosta bulbs last weekend at costco (discounted). I'll plant them in a shady spot in the back of the yard in hopes that they will fill in some of the dirt patch back there.
No comments:
Post a Comment