Sunday, November 8, 2009

Candied Orange and Chocolate Biscotti



I made these biscotti a few times in the past and always alter the recipe slightly. Sometimes I feel like a softer cookie so I'll add more butter and alter the bake temp and time or for a harder cookie, omit the butter and change the temp/time. I love cadied orange and the combination of the orange and the dark chocolate in the cookies is so good. I also made a pistachio/cranberry/white chocolate but failed to take pictures of the final products (for both). I always make the orange peel in advance because it does take some time to make. I use the recipe for candied orange peel found on Food Networks site.


Candied Orange and Dark Chocolate Biscotti

2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick--softened)
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup candied orange peel
1 cup chopped dark chocolate

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat
Whisk flour and baking powder in a bowl
With a stand mixer mix together butter and sugar with the paddle attachment.
Add eggs to the butter and sugar one at a time until light yellow and fluffy
Add flour mixture and mix just until combined
Gently fold in the candied orange peel and chocolate
Form into two 13″ X 3″ logs and place on the parchment paper side by side
Bake for 40 minutes or until brown move to a cooling rack and cool for about 30 minutes.
Cut the logs into 1/2″ thick slices with a serrated knife.
Place the slices cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes turning them over halfway through the baking time.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on our blog. I tried leaving a comment on your blog right after you left one on mine, but our computer is acting up big time so I couldn't. Anyways, I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your comment. Thank you for offering your home. We are on a waiting list for the Ronald Mc Donald house near the hospital. We should be staying there, but I will be sure and keep in contact with you when we get there. I would love to see you. It has been way too long! I would love for you to see our little guy- he is such a sweet boy. I was wondering too, what do you do for a job. Maybe that is a better question for an email- you know with all those crazy blog stockers out there. I will save your email in my contacts and be sure to call you while we are out there. Thank you again for your sweet offering. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete